Friday, January 20, 2012

Spring!

It's here. Which is frankly weird, because it's JANUARY, hello? But nonetheless... We had a busy morning, in that not very busy way; it was low key and unrushed, but people seemed to be getting a lot done.
Reading maths puzzle books. I like that they don't need to be written in, so we can hand them on or lend them to others.
Using acrylic paint to colour air-drying clay. I have no idea what the shapes are supposed to represent.
Pick up that green shovel and DIG, woman!
So I pottered around the garden recording signs of spring.
No idea what's going to surface here. Tulips and daffodils and crocuses and things. The thing is, it's JANUARY and the place is bursting with little green shoots.
Fuzzy buds on the apple tree.
And on the fruit bushes. Fruit twigs, really.
JuniperJasmine berries. Wasn't that a Body Shop fragrance?
House!
I say again, January.
Honestly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

um. Pretty sure that's not juniper, from what I remember and from a quick reading of wikipedia.

I don't know what it is, but I suggest not letting anyone eat them until you find out ;-)

- julie paradox

Ailbhe said...

No, no - it's jasmine. Thanks!

Popular Posts