Friday, July 28, 2006

I'm not a teacher

I was talking to my mother a few hours ago, about home education and home schooling and school-based education, and I realised I'd never asked her before how she feels about me not teaching Linnea. Turns out she's perfectly happy with it, but I wasn't sure.

Because Linnea doesn't need any teaching. She does all her own stuff. She can empty the dishwasher, wash windows, count, paint, set the table for dinner, and check that I'm ok when I say Ow. She asks when she wants to know something (frequently, "Mammy, what you doing?") and will sit and figure things out herself for hours.

She likes to read her books back to herself. I have no idea how or when I will know that she's really reading. I'm sort of interested to see when I start to care.

No comments:

Popular Posts